- Follow the Shopwave POS setup instructions.
- Open POS and login.
- Configure incomplete basket handling.
- Click Menu,
- Click Settings,
- Click Baskets,
- Find Enable Unbalanced Basket Completion,
- Enable toggle if you wish to allow for baskets to be complete when a full payment has not been taken.
- When you are ready, follow the tutorial below.
- Click some products on the left side to add them to the basket.
- Click the Checkout button when you are ready to take payment. On hitting Checkout you will be presented with the quick checkout screen featuring quick cash amounts, alongside the options of quick cash and card payments.
- For cash, you can choose exact, a set amount, or click '...' for more advanced options. For card, choose either exact or '...' for more advanced options.
- Follow the steps to complete the transaction.
Split and advanced payments
- To initiate split payment click the ‘...’ button next to payment type you wish to take.
- Enter the amount a customer wishes to pay using your selected payment type in the ‘To Pay’ field.
- Enter the amount taken in the ‘Tendered field.
- Repeat above steps until full payment for the basket has been taken.
E.g. If a customer wants to pay half (£10) of a £20 basket using cash but hands over a £20 note expecting change, you must enter the following.
- To Pay = £10 / Tendered = £20. This will then show the correct change, while prompting for the remaining £10 to be paid.
To process a refund, add the products to be refunded to a new basket.
Adjust the quantity to ‘-’ by swiping left on the product in the basket. Then checkout as normal.
A manager may be required to log in to enable the refund.